Wednesday, December 8, 2010

PLO8: Massive misplay on short stack

PLO8 mtt

(full report at some point....probably not until at least Thursday) - busto in 10th (28 runners/3 pay)

I massively misplayed my short stack...and I'm definitely pissed at my play.
Blinds 300/600

I am on the button with A455 one suit to ace
hero (button): 3k
sb: 30+k
bb: (super tight) 10k
sb - calls

hero raises pot to 2.1k
Mistake #1 - I could have easily raised to 1400 and gotten same number of callers. (I would obviously call a repot all in with this hand).
Basically, the same result happens irregardless of raising to 1400 or 2100. Thus, raise to 1400 and it's not even close. (I can fold if I see a bad flop.)

If he doesn't force me to ship it preflop, i don't have to either.

Flop: J9J board
sb pots/hero folds

Mistake #2 - UTG with KJ64
I think I should have waited (3-4 hands) for a spot where I'd get 3 low cards to increase my chances of getting a low that is NOT counterfeited.
2 low cards: ~25%
3 low cards: ~40%
Omaha Planet - Odds of making a Low

The things that irritate/disappoint me the most right now is that:
1. I've shortstacked in PLO8 MTTs and done well before (reference other PLO8 MTT reports)
2. I re-reviewed all the strategy the night before and day of, then promptly didn't use any of it.
3. Admittedly, I am rusty with PLO8 MTTs (although I did play some a couple weeks ago, I did not really get that much of an opportunity. I should have played more of them...). I will definitely need to redevote some time if I want to play the WSOP version in June2011...

If I keep up this trend of not thinking, not playing exploitable poker against fishy villains, and misplay short stack situations, I'll likely be a fish for the rest of my tournament schedule....it's like I've lost faith in everyone/thing and just "gave up" (also in the PLO hi MTT) which is extremely unlikely me...

No comments:

Post a Comment