Saturday, December 11, 2010

12-11-2010 2-5 NLHE at Harrah's New Orleans

2-5 NLHE @ Harrah's New Orleans

After checking out Bourbon Street and the French Quarter, I wanted to log some time at Harrah's. I'm not sure if it was the smartest decision as my head wasn't really in the game per se.

One nice thing: Any players is allowed to buyin up to the biggest stack at the table at any time. I didn't really see that happen too much though.

I was PFR in 2-3 pots early with "top of range" (ie: AQ+; TT+) on in the 1st 2 rounds, but was starting to get played back at.

1. hero dealt ak (sb)
2-3 players limp in MP-late position.
hero raises in SB.
Only 1 player calls PFR. Thus, 2 players to the flop.
hero leads into qtx (rainbow) board and gets everyone to fold

2. behind/kings (5 callers)
I raised somewhat large to get it to 1 player. (Probably raised to 8-10 bb, got 1 caller). I cbetted a somewhat wet flop (Q95 two tone) and took it down uncontested.

3. 1 limper
Hero raises with 65s in position

[2 players to flop]
q3q 2 tone board (hero does not have a flush draw)

check/bet/call; Check/Check on flop; hero folds to donk turn bet.

--------
Later on, I was in a limped pot with 2 broadway cards; I stabbed flop when it checked around on a rainbow, non-connected flop (Q74 rainbow for example)
Everyone checked the turn
River was a blank (low card):
sb: leads 3x pot
other villain shoves
guy who 3x potted folds

-~20bb
1-1.5 hour session after hanging out on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment