Friday, December 10, 2010

12-10-2010 345 NLHE

12/10/2010
345 NLHE @ Harrah's New Orleans

--------
KQo
Ks js 9s ad 8d
Pfr
Barrel 2 street
Fold to psb river



Bad call
K9598 3 clubs third on river (all backdoor)

Bad check flop
Bet got raised (175 -> 500)
Should have folded

Bet draw on turn and check call
2nd pr does not bet

As Pfr does not Cbet that much

hero's note about player 5: Min raise = weakness

--------
(Aside: At first break b/w levels 3 and 4)
I had heard ads about it while I was walking around and getting to the tournament location on multiple days.
I was able to get a "birthday spin".
1. went to Harrah's rewards and they verified my birthday.
2. Someone from the Harrah's reward center then spun a special "birthday slot machine"
3. The 1 free breakfast or lunch buffet is valid for 30 days only at Harrah's New Orleans (eating hours from 7:00AM-2:30PM).
The max bonus = $1k in slot play!

Subsequently, I went and asked at Harrah's in AC and they were not able to redeem it there...


--------
Random aside:
An interesting sort of situation:

Jessica (maybe late 20s-early 30s) late regged and sat immediately to my left. We talked a little bit and she mentioned she knew Dustin (a guy who went deep in the NLHE 6-max).

Hero dealt [87o]
folds to hero
Hero raises
everyone folds
The lady I sat next to slapped me on the wrist and kinda made it feel like a mother hitting her son that it was a bad thing to do.

Sadly, she did eventually bust....
Overall, my table became kinda weak-tight around level 5ish...
I felt I could steal a lot preflop and people played their hands face up for the most part (especially telling were bet sizes; large bet size - big hand, etc...)

--------
Folded 10s to tight player who reraised 1/3 of villain's stack

Raised loose passive w a6o limp in Sb bb
Raised and Cbet jj on k85

Isoed 89o
A98 rainbow
Limped leads
I shove
both players fold

Player reads:
Seat 2
Min raise turn
Does not bet whole stack for value

5
Smallish raise w/ 3kicker
Slowplays nod and bets small on end

Bets pot or on k76 2 tone after being Pfr
Bets sizes his hands based on strength and board danger

9
Barrels turn smallish bet on brick turn

Pfr
Aqo utg

Kj2 1 diamonds
Bb and limpet
Checks 3G

Break (after level 6)
20k

--------
--------
In 3-4 hands, I was dealt
[QQ]
[KK]
[QQ]

At this point, I had raised 4 in a row and won preflop pot w/o seeing a flop

I had to see a flop on the 3rd one, but still won pot uncontested.

I was also the first with a 3-bet.

I was telling the 1 person to my left (who looked like a recreational player - had LSU cap on) that i was on a rush. We sorta talked about rushes for a little bit as well. (The guy had driven a couple hours for the MTT and didn't necessarily want to stay overnight if the MTT paused for final table...)

--------
hero dealt: [T7o] in CO
folds to hero in CO
hero raises
folds to BB
BB: calls


Tx 8h 5h 6y Qh
flop:
villain check
hero: bets (don't have exact amount - likely 2/3 pot)
villain: calls
villain check
hero: bets (don't have exact amount - likely 60% pot)
villain: calls

villain leads pot
hero?

Analysis: Hero folds

A draw hit on the river (flush draw). Maybe I played it too tightly, but villain played seemed to play very straightforward.

--------
Hero dealt AKo
7: raises
folds to hero
Hero 3 bets
folds to 7
7: calls

flop: 953 rainbow
7: leads into me
i bluff raised him
he folds


player read: 5 - Donk leads with flush draw oop after calling flop Pfr
Scared of monotone board as pfr

player read: 3 - Ack that I have raised his bb

hero's stack: 21.5k

--------
Level 9
Tight for 3-4 rounds
Utg raises 3G

3bet 2s
J33 rainbow
Bet 3/4 of my stack
Only 55% of pot
Villain folds

player read: 10 - Always leads low flop

--------
Overall impression of my table (from about 40 players to 18 players when there was a redraw for seats)
Overall, the table played very straightforward and I was sad when it finally broke at 18 players.

I raised about 1-1.5x/rotation and was stealing the blinds w/o anyone seeing flops. This happened for about 5-6 levels.

"The cards told me to raise". Basically, if it folded to me, I raised w/ about 30% of my range. I didn't even really try to raise/float some of the PFRs b/c they opened so rarely.

One interesting hand during this "streak":
hero was still in 1 hole
guy in 7 hole - seemed to play very straightforward

--------
--------
2 tables
only had to move when redraw to 2 tables (sat at same table all night prior to that)
female villain was in 1 hole; she was short stacked and doubled up 2x
9: chip leader had huge # of chips

player read: 7 and 8
Small 3 bet - Ks+


--------
hero dealt [KK]
chip leader - raises
folds to hero in SB
hero 3bets about 3/4-pot
chip leader calls

flop:
Axx two tone board
Hero bets/villain folds

Analysis:
This actually was not that good of a bet. I think I was playing flow/image at the time, even though this is a simple WA/WB spot and I can easily check/call 2 streets and get value from villain.


villain (seat 7): 5x bet w 10s
chip leader: Called shove range (for about 20+bb) - ajo
chip leader: seemed to bully/may be scared of flops

player 9: Folds to small minraise on button steal

[break]
hero's stack size (approximately, not 100% sure b/c i forgot to write it down) - 46k

--------
level 10
eight players (about 16 players left at the time)

chip leader raises in CO (raise to 4k at 500/1k/100)
folds to hero in SB with KK
hero - raises to 12k

pot - approx. 25k

a62 2 tone

hero leads small (about 55% pot)
fold

Analysis: Hero probably could have pot controlled there with showdown value in a relatively close WA/WB (way ahead/way behind) even though it is a 3 bet pot.

I ended up stealing 1-2 rounds of blinds from some of the players that had originally moved from my previous table to this table.

--------
Level 12
Chip Leader Encounter v. 2
60k - chip leader w 100k
Aja
Serious edge on the field as much of the field is weak-tight (ie: play fit/fold post flop) and raising big broadway hands (AK/AQ, pocket pairs) and limping lots of broadway cards)

Hero is pfr - dealt AKo
raised to 3k
villain (chip leader) calls in BB

KQ4 2 clubs

villain: checks
hero: Bets flop (about 3/4 pot - 5.5k)
villain: calls

Kq4a 2 clubs
villain: checks
hero: bets turn (13.775k)
villain: Check raise all in (hero left with about 35-40k if bet/fold)

hero tanks for 3-4 min....

Analysis:

My "in game" thought process:
1. I was contemplating my stack size
2. I thought the only hands he could have played this way were
a: queens
b: jto

After the hand thought analysis:
a. what i forgot was that
b. he only 3 betted with ks (from previous hand about 2 rotations ago)
c. seemed to play extremely straight forward post flop
d. is qq really still in his range?
*e. i forgot to think about what his value raising range is! (This is a decided leak that I'm trying to address now.) ie: how many hands can i beat versus how many beat me?

I only thought about 3 distinct hand combo/sets at the time, but ultimately, there are more.

jt combos: 16 (straight - 9% equity)
aq combos: 4 (worse 2 pair - 95% equity)
kq combos: 4 (worse 2 pair - 95% equity)
a4 combos: ? (worse 2 pair - very unlikely - would villain call flop bet with 1 over)
aj combos: ? (ditto - TPTK - would he float and c/r?)
ak combos: 4 (tied - 50% equity)
qq combos: 3 (behind/crushed - 9% equity)
44 combos: 3 (behind/crushed - 9% equity)
AA combos: 1 (drawing dead - 0% equity)

23 hand combos have me crushed
8 ahead
4 tied

Looking at combos of hands, it really looks like I'm absolutely crushed here.

baluga whale theorem stuck out too - when random calls PFR, flop, then c/r turn, 1 pair hands are generally no good


--------
spoiler:
hero ends up calling
villain shows JTo
hero bricks river
hero: out in 13/66

No comments:

Post a Comment