Tuesday, December 7, 2010

New Orleans - Brief Summary

(Detailed report to come eventually....)
I have made it down to NO...
So far, 2 tournaments and 7th place in both. Unfortunately, 7/58 (6 pay in NLHE) and 7/20 (3 pay in PLO) means I'm not ITM...

NLHE: 6max
I feel there were some spots where i missed a lot of value (ie: did not extract enough value) with made hands and/or misplayed hands against a maniac where I could have stacked villain multiple times...
Ditto for betting turn/river on a 4 straight board (a235j) with 2 pair against a competent/tight postflop player.

PLO w/ rebuys
It was good to only spend 1 rebuy/1 addon when I binked 2nd set (4433 ds in sb of raised pot) on a J32 rainbow board, 6 on turn should have gotten people to fold (although i guess i would have taken more callers).
I felted a guy during the rebuy period with 54xx even though i had 2 blockers (44)
I was relatively deep until we broke to 1 table.

Kind of wittled down, then got into a dominated situation in PLO in a heads up flip with a short stack (M < 5 for short stack), then went busto when i limp/shoved KQT8 ds against a QQxx from the chip leader.

I think I need to work on mental discipline and thinking through stuff all the time. It was kinda lacking for some stretches of time....

No comments:

Post a Comment