Wednesday, December 15, 2010

12-15-2010 2-5 NLHE cash game sessions at Harrah's

2-5 NLHE @ Harrah's AC
2-4 hour session (probably 2-3)

After having to make a 2 hour round trip drive to go to a Chase bank, I was actually too late to play either the 10 game MTT or the PLO8 Rush mini-FTOPS events.

I ended up watching a friend at the $350 NLHE final table. We hung out some after the dinner break with some of his other friends.

I grinded some cash, but unfortunately lost my hand histories...I called it a session after my friend busted.

Overall, I had played relatively FR TAG style and did nothing really out of the ordinary. There were not any real interesting hands over 3-4 rotations.

Eventually, the table got short handed (5-6 people). I felt a lot more comfortable when the table got shorter and was being somewhat aggro preflop, taking pots uncontested.
This may have been because I was playing short handed online for the month prior to the trip due to the NLHE 6max tournament.

A couple other guys (seat 9 and 10, while i was at seat 9) seemed to be a couple of older randoms that were just there to gamble.
One person who was there the whole time (he sat to my immediate right) the whole time thought I was on a rush, but he seemed tight and was paying more attention to the magazine he was reading.
Another guy (4 to my right) seemed like an online MTT player, but not much of a cash game player and kept complaining about bad beats, etc....

I did get bluffed out of a pot at the end of my session and was not 100% sure I made the right play. Unfortunately, I lost my hand history, but a draw didn't come in on the river and villain donk leads. I had a medium strength hand (2nd pair) which I was trying to get to showdown cheaply, but ultimately should have considered calling...

--------
Overall, I think I was down ~20bb.

No comments:

Post a Comment