Tuesday, December 7, 2010

12-7-2010 345 PLO8

12/7/2010
345 PLO8 @ Harrah's New Orleans

9k starting chips
8max (final table of 9)

From what I heard from a different person at 1 of the previous MTTs (and the guy talking about how he actually thinks PLO8 is his best game), i found out that John Gottlieb was actually in the field. I never actually got to play against him though.
He was runner up in 1.5k PLO8 WSOP event in 2010! I OVerheard he busted Phil Hellmuth from the final table!
http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/results.asp?rr=5&grid=764&tid=10862&dayof=

--------
hero late regged 2 min or so.
An older person (Captain Tom Franklin late regged) and sat next to me. He had fold up glasses, an ipad, and sony headphones and really wasn't paying much attention per se.
He originally had a VPIP of 100 (literally), but eventually tightened up after a couple rotations.

Capt. Tom Franklin was in the SB for this hand.

hero dealt [AKJ5 rainbow]
1 limper
1 fold
hero raises to 200
sb: calls
bb: calls
limper: calls

QJ8 board
checks to hero
hero: bets slightly over 1/2 pot (275)
sb: c/r about 3x of my bet (1025)
limper: folds
hero: tanks/folds

Analysis:
    Villain probably thought i was coming in light and check raised me off my hand. Some percentage of the time, hero could 3 bet bluff, although hero does not have any blockers to the nuts (T or 9)

--------
Captain Tom Franklin
    went super short stack

Capt. Franklin was crippled with a3kk vs. a2jt on 9874J board
Bets on every street led him to be super short stacked.
He blind shoved the next hand and busted...

--------
hero picks up
AAK2 (1 suit to ace)
hero cbets and isolates 1 limper
on a J73 rainbow board, hero cbets and villain folds.


end of level 3
hero: around 15k?

--------
a fun all in hand


money got all in on the turn

board:
8s 5c 4s qd 7h

As Kx 9d 2x <--- gets 1/6 pot
Ac Ad 3s 2c <--- gets 1/6 pot
Qs 4c Ks Jc <--- gets 1/2 pot
Ah Tx 8d 2h <--- gets 1/6 pot

--------
hero dealt AA2H (H = 7-K) no suit
hero 3/4 pots monotone Qc 5c 2c board
    gets everyone to fold

Analysis:
Hero is bet/folding here after showing preflop aggression. Hero's hand missed this board extremely badly w/o a flush draw.


Ah Kx 5x 2h

7x 7x 4h 3h 7x

villain check/calls every street
Hero bets every street (only about 75% pot on the river)

Analysis:
Hero misses some value by not making larger bet on turn or river. Hero does not necessarily need to pot (for balance purposes for bluffs) but could have bet closer to pot to get max value.
Hero could be 3/4ed when someone holds pocket pair + A2, but that is a very small holding.


Hero is also dealt Ah Ax 9x 2h
gets 2 preflop raises, but no bets on a dry board.

summary: hero is dealt AAWx 3 times in 6 levels. Unfortunately, hero did not stack anyone.

at level 6 break: approximately 17k

--------
(not involved with this hand)
Ax Ax 2x 3x
vs.
As Ax 2s 7x (suit to ace)

there was a pot raise and pot reraise

money got in on 4s 4x 5x flop


--------
The previous table was relatively inexperienced after Capt. Tom Franklin busted. They had some ideas, but many didn't care about scooping...
After table move, the table was a bit more experienced.

1 - very tight player
2 - plays lots of PLO8 SNG/MTT (has many gears)
3 - very TAGgy (almost nitty)
4 - PLO hi champ from prevoius day (does play PLO8 too)
5 - hero
6 - competent PLO8 player, seemed to isolate a decent amount
7 - unknown
8 - unknown

villain had shipped the PLO rebuy. I'm not sure how good his PLO8 skills were though...

hero dealt [AA5K (suit to ace)]
villain limps
hero raises limper
villain calls

2 players to flop

caller on button
q62 4s 2s

hero cbets 2/3 pot; bb calls

turn - check/ hero tank/checks (he said he would have c/r all in if i had bet)
river - check/check

--------
I felt the table was particularly tougher...1 guy seemed to like ISOing me immediately on my left. I didn't feel I was playing my best game...
He seemed to sense my weakness in 2 spots:

I had to limp/fold a hand OOP with some potential against his raise
2. I decided to c/f (not cbet) after being PFR in a sb/bb battle on a relatively wet board with lows.

Overall, did not feel super happy as I felt kinda weak tight...

--------
CO: about 30-40k
button: about 4k (PLO player)
sb (hero): about 15-17k
bb: about 25k

CO raises about 2.5x (200/400) to about 1000
button ships all in (3.1k)
Ah 2h Jh Kx <---  hero tanks/folds
BB folds

short stack ends up doubling up

hero in SB decides to fold this hand
Analysis: Hero probably can consider calling, but decided to fold b/c wasn't sure how bigger stack would play IP.
CO shows junky K86w hand and button ends up winning "flip".

--------
hero - dealt A27T (suit to ace)

folds to seat 4 in HJ (effective stacks around 60-70bb)
4: raises preflop
hero calls


J98 2 diamonds
villain bets/hero calls with 2nd nut straight
villain bets turn on Qd turn
hero tank/folds

Analysis: Hero could have played his hand slightly faster. Villain could have been betting a flush draw there.
I underrepped my hand. I could have raised flop w/ 2nd nuts there and (likely) fold if reraised.
Hero could have continued with a low diamond to enable a low draw(3-7)

[hero's stack - ~8k]

--------
Hero in bb lost a sb/bb "flip" (don't have exact hands, but may have been 55/45 underdog or so, but only scooped ~20% time preflop...) and my stack was down to 3k at 200/400 (not harrington "M" critical, but can't see too many flops w/o pot committment.)
9245 vs. short stacker's A5K8

[hero's stack around 4k]

--------
AKJT ds
    folds to hero in SB
    hero folds

hero left with 3.6k in sb (300/600 blinds)

Hero misplayed preflop raising with high only hand as short stack (he could have raised and tried to steal there, but decided not to. Possibly a leak...)

--------
I massively misplayed my short stack...and I'm definitely pissed at my play.
Mistake #1
Blinds 300/600

Hero on the button with A455 one suit to ace
hero (button): 3k
sb: 30+k
bb: (super tight) 10k
sb - calls

hero raises pot to 2.1k
Mistake #1 - I could have easily raised to 1400 and gotten same number of callers. (I would obviously call a repot all in with this hand).
Basically, the same result happens irregardless of raising to 1400 or 2100. Thus, raise to 1400 and it's not even close. (I can fold if I see a bad flop.)

If he doesn't force me to ship it preflop, i don't have to either.

Flop: J9J board
sb pots/hero folds

--------
Mistake #2 - UTG with KJ64
I think I should have waited (3-4 hands) for a spot where I'd get 3 low cards to increase my chances of getting a low that is NOT counterfeited.
2 low cards: ~25%
3 low cards: ~40%
Omaha Planet - Odds of making a Low

--------
10/28 (3 cash)

The things that irritate/disappoint me the most right now is that:
1. I've shortstacked in PLO8 MTTs and done well before (reference other PLO8 MTT reports)
2. I re-reviewed all the strategy the night before and day of, then promptly didn't use any of it.
3. Admittedly, I am rusty with PLO8 MTTs (although I did play some a couple weeks ago, I did not really get that much of an opportunity. I should have played more of them...). I will definitely need to redevote some time if I want to play the WSOP version in June2011...

If I keep up this trend of not thinking, not playing exploitable poker against fishy villains, and misplay short stack situations, I'll likely be a fish for the rest of my tournament schedule....it's like I've lost faith in everyone/thing and just "gave up" (also in the PLO hi MTT) which is extremely unlikely me...

No comments:

Post a Comment