Sunday, February 10, 2013

Reflection - HORSE Preparation


Since January (and restart on aced.com poker), I have been getting in mixed game volume (mainly cash at small stakes sadly, but some weekly HORSE MTTs) and fine tuning the art of betting the minimum.
It's to prep for an online and live HORSE MTT in the upcoming week.

0. My weakest games prior to January were LHE and Stud. Razz is 3rd...

1. I've been reviewing stuff from ChipsAhoya and Dr. Razz from CardRunners.

2. I picked up a trial subscription to DC and have been plugging leaks.
2a. From a Donk to a Stud & Nightmare on 7th Street - really opened up my eyes about stud and leaks i have.
stud variants in general
2a1. sort up cards and note 2+ dead suits, then memorize by repeating to self 3 times
2a2. corollary - add additional up cards on future streets
2a3. anticipate likely relative 4th street and later position
2a4. remember to try to steal if 2-3 cards left before bring-in
stud hi specific:
2a5. 4th street equity lines: set/trips > 2p > live 4-flush (max 1-2 dead) > 1p
2a6. most villains polarize on 7th: bet 2p+, check 1p
2b. Minbet Madness + Dude Where's My Mouse have plugged some LHE leaks.

3. I also bought my 3rd poker book - 7 card stud for advanced players! (PLO8 Revealed and High Low Split Poker are the other 2 books).

No comments:

Post a Comment