Tuesday, January 29, 2013

mini-FTOPS XIX: 10 game commentary from 3/17/2011

(Context: I sent this to a couple friends via email, and thought this would be great to place in the blog. It also helps to review this in preparation for HORSE MTTs - specifically, Poker Maximus IV Event #13 - $33 HORSE). 

Since FTP's pretty much dead for US players - I feel that it's safe to post this.
My thought process has (hopefully) grown since then.

Attachments:
1. Excel sheet w/ commentary: 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqnU9yrlXprrdEpCVDlzUkpVVGVWZjVGNTNJRkNIM2c
(Official Poker Rankings - all rights reserved. This link can be removed upon request.)
2. raw FTP HH from this $109 10-game MTT: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6nU9yrlXprrMU9MaHhXaDJEUUk/edit
(Full Tilt Poker - all rights reserved. This link can be removed upon request.)

I just wanted to pass out my original hand history from the mini-FTOPS 10 game (LHE, Stud H/L, PLO, 2-7TD, Razz, NLHE, LO H/L, Stud Hi, 2-7SD, Badugi) and comments/reads on players via officialpokerrankings.com (in excel sheet) 

Results: ~114/623 (84 cash). I late regged and missed the LHE round (darn, I missed the game that i'm probably weakest at :-P).

I've never actually played too many MTTs online since my PS days in 2008 (none being over $5), so it was a welcome change. I admittedly am probably weak at the NLHE MTT aspect and need to work on those skills...

FYI, I did play 2 mini-FTOPS ($22 PLO8 - min cash and $22 7-gamealthough I don't think I even got to the NLHE round) events in Dec. 2009, but I was still readjusting to online play after a 14 month absence....

One amusing aspect:
There were a good chunk of random fish with <$200 in MTT cashes via officialpokerrankings.com (the satellite qualifiers that didn't want to take the T$ or ticket). It was kind of easy to tell based on their preflop raise size in big bet games (NLHE: 3x+, PLO: pot, NL27SD - 3x+). Then, there were the randoms with $300k+ in NLHE winnings, and a couple mixed game MTT grinders too.... (NLHE: 2.5x, PLO: 2-2.5x, NL27SD - varied)

No comments:

Post a Comment