Thursday, July 1, 2010

2-5 NLHE @ Bellagio

35-40 min. wait at 9:00PM.
I saw the famous Bellagio fountain show while on the waiting list...

======================
A person who sat down 7 hands ago - 100 bb

Table seemed to have a lot of action (3 betting, et al)...but it was just a lot of large preflop hands 
(ak - raise; limp; reraise with queens)
(aces raise; reraise from later position with jacks)

--------------------
2 limpers
button (hero): I raise to 5BB
BB calls (just sat down 1 rotation ago)
1 limper folds
1 limper calls

(18 bb)
flop:
td4dth

villain 1 (bb): check
villain 2: check
hero: i bet 12bb
villain 1: check raise to 29 bb
villain 2: folds
hero" raises to 56 bb
villain: raises all in
hero: insta-folds

This is an obvious blunder in hindsight. I played the hand extremely badly, prompting me to leave the table immediately as I've been playing very bad.

This is a textbook bet-fold situation. Getting any sort of action on a dry board is usually a sign of trouble.

mistake 1: smaller cbet on relatively dry board (maybe 10bb?)
mistake 2: there's no reason to "smallish 3 bet raise" - with effective stacks < 100 bb (specifically me), it's really fold or shove. In actuality, i'm only going to get called by better (4s full of ts, naked ten, or someone attached to "aces" or other overpairs). with no other reads, more of (other than generic "tendencies"), this is more often a raise to get more value than necessarily a "bluff". He hadn't seen me play in so many hands either.

I've seen this happen so often, but it was an obvious blunder and cue for me to leave as I was playing bad.

-----
down 60 bbs (should have only been 17 bb)...

No comments:

Post a Comment