Tuesday, March 15, 2011

NO & AC 2010 - Trip Summary

Summary:

1. In NOLA (New Orleans, Louisiana), people who busted me generally won the tournament
    1. 6max NLHE
    2. PLO
    3. PLO8 - The guys who ended up taking 1/2 of each of the pot went heads up

2. NO NLHE fields were weak in general from the 2 smaller events I played.

3. A lot of firsts:
    a. first rebuy tourney (PLO)
    b. seeing bling for shipping an MTT (PLO) - the ring was placed at the final table in everyone's view
    c. being on the right side + wrong side of the bubble

4. Borgata
    A decent chunk of the young players seemed to be decently competent online players and were  good with table selection (ie: they left quickly when the table was bad). Most always open raised and seemed to play competently.

5. I felt the most comfortable in an MTT on 12/10 (NLHE FR). I felt I understood all the players I encountered and was poised to make a deep run...

6. MTTs @ Harrah's in AC
    The 570 definitely was a tougher field. Lots of MTT pros, some that definitely knew push/shove ranges....I was fortunate to min-cash, but I definitely feel like I misplayed a lot of situations.
    The 350 had some decent amount of weak players/lots of open limping.

7. AC: It was weird to walk around the various poker rooms.
    a. The Hilton had a 7.50/15.00 LHE game. I was told that the action was very "loose" compared to a standard 10/20 LHE game. Their wait list was a camera pointing to a white board!
    b. The prevalence of stud at the Taj Mahal was huge. I guess I should have played some stud hi at Taj Mahal just to say "I played stud there...." They had some 1-5 spread and i think a 5/10? game. The Borgata had stud as well, but it was 20-40+.

8. I should definitely play more cash games on future trips. Don't get me wrong, sightseeing is definitely something to do, but I felt I did not put in much time for cash games (~6-7 hours only...)

No comments:

Post a Comment