Saturday, June 18, 2011

WSOP Prep - Online Poker Version 3

After Black Friday and after much research, I redeposited money onto an online poker site!
I went with RPM skin on the Merge network mainly due to good customer support and micro-friendly player offers. Fortunately, I was able to get in with a rakeback deal before it was closed off on June 1, but it was not through the affiliate (RTR) that I wanted b/c I apparently somehow messed up the download. Thankfully, RPM room management was still able to get me a rakeback deal after the mistake.

I feared being rusty in both PLO8 cash games (which i would do some in LV and have not done in 6 weeks), but mainly in PLO8 MTTs (which I've never really played a whole lot of while on FTP outside of 1 mini-FTOPS and a bunch of satellites).

For 3 consecutive Saturdays (and a couple other days), I played a bunch of SNGs and a large number of MTTs (mainly PLO, PLO8, S/8, and the occassional NLHE MTT).
It's been a while since I've played micro-low stakes MTTs, but the competition was hugely less skilled than cash game counterparts.

I was fortunate to run very hot and get some nice scores in some of the PLO MTTs and PLO8 MTTs.

But, the one thing that irritated me a lot was that both PLO and PLO8 MTTs had antes!
1. This made it more adept to stealing.
2. It also was not a good simulation for time in LV.
2a. I'd be looser and more aggressive b/c of all the dead antes.
2b. I'd also blind off faster.

For cash games, the player pools were ~30-40% smaller which was to be expected. It was good experience to work on getting reads on new players although I tried to avoid using a HUD b/c I messed up the config in HEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment