Monday, January 10, 2011

Goodbye 75k FTP points...

FTP's Holiday Promo

Spending 75k points was tough just to get a $50 cash bonus. I was short ~40k FTP for the max bonus ($100 for 140k).

1. I was so close to being at 100k (I had 99.4k) FTP and wanted to take a screenshot. Oh well, I'll probably get there by mid-late this year...
2. I deliberated for a long time how to spend the points. I wanted to spend as close to 75k w/o going under :-P (ie: the opposite of the price is right's - highest price w/o going over).
a. I actually tried to break down how the mini-FTOPS events spread out in terms of buyins and possible games in the past just in case (and to look at historical).
b. I kinda guessed they'd announce the FTOPS 19/mini-FTOPS 19 schedule before the deadline (Jan. 9th) - I was right (kinda). They (finally) expanded the schedule to 2 full weeks (start w/ 1 tourney on Sunday rather than Wed. night). Unfortunately, only 75% of the schedule was released. Per FTPDoug, most of remaining events are NLHE (and all games are represented, sans NLO8, IMO).
c. Ultimately, I ended up purchasing:
5 $22 mini-FTOPS tickets
8 $26 tournament tickets
1 $33 mini-FTOPS ticket
75575 points!
d. I could have went with $26 mini-FTOPS ticket, but decided against it b/c historically, only 2 tourneys use it per series.

At my current pace of rakeback (which gets deposited every Friday), I probably won't get rakeback until sometime in March. At least, I get some "bonii" deposited b/w now and then (Holiday Bonus + Iron Man EOY bonus).

No comments:

Post a Comment